Monday 15 December 2014

'Twas the week before Christmas

In between work and life I have tried to keep up drawing and painting/pastels as much as I can - all flowers at the moment.

Wanted to try and retain some of an original artwork, particularly the pencil lines in a finished pattern. As I still haven't given any time to learn Photoshop, I thought I'd use the jpeg of the scanned original in illustrator, cutting it up and repeating it again and AGAIN and adding illustrator vectors. Wanted a slightly haphazard, collage-y look. It all went well, until I tried to save the illustrator file. It did save, eventually...but then everything crashed. Tried re-opening it twice and crashed again. Aaghhh!!! Just couldn't re-open it and thought I had lost it for good. My partner Steve came to the rescue and took the file onto his mac (more memory) and managed to open it and save a jpeg. Wahoo! All not lost!

So that's what happens when your Illustrator files are too big because you can't be arsed to learn new software.

Here's the offending pattern, plus another one I worked on today.


No comments:

Post a Comment